[Glade-users] how do i select file from file selection dialog and display in textview in glade?

hi everyone,

  i'm using glade 1.1.3. i created a window with a
textview in it. after i selected a file from file
selection dialog, how do i display the contents in
that textview widget?
  can anyone tell me what should i type in the signal,
handler and object entries?
  how shd i edit my callbacks.c subsequently?

  i'm trying to upgrade to glade 2.6, but each time i
downloaded gtk+-2.4 and all its dependencies, and
installs them, each reboot i'll get the following
error...

INIT: ld "x" respawning too fast: disabled for 5
minutes

  does anyone face the same problem while upgrading
glade?

thanks