[Glade-users] GnomeUI-WARNING **: Could not open help topics file NULL

Felipe Salazar wrote:

Hi!
I compile and install GLADE succefuly, but when I started the program it
said:

GnomeUI-WARNING **: Could not open help topics file NULL

searching on the net I found many other programs whit the same message,
then I undertand the reason:

where is glade installed?
(default)
/usr/local/bin/glade

where are the shared resources?
(default)
/usr/local/share/gnome/apps/Development/glade.desktop
/usr/local/share/gnome/help/glade/

Yeah, it's a GNOME thing.

You either have to install all GNOME apps into the same prefix (typically
/usr), or you can set your GNOMEDIR to another prefix where you install
GNOME stuff, e.g. '/usr/local'.

(Look at gnome-libs/libgnome/gnome-util.c for the code which handles this.)