[Glade-users] gtk_entry_append_text

Lourdes Maldonado wrote:

What happens if I keep using gtk_entry_append_text on the same GtkEntry?
I noticed that text_size keeps getting reset to a larger value but I am
sure their must be some limit.

What should I do if I need to keep issuing gtk_entry_append_text on one
particular GtkEntry? (I am implementing some scrolling text).

It's probably not a good idea to keep appending text forever.

If I was implementing scrolling text I'd probably write my own widget,
and just draw the text on the X window.

(Tell me this isn't for a stock ticker!)