[Glade-users] Software Mestizo Manifesto

Roberto Diaz wrote:

Hi this is off-topic sorry.

I am trying to make a manifesto in order to attach it to all my gpl'd
developments.. due to limitations in my english I would like to ask for
your help... and maybe you can have a couple of new ideas to improve it.

I am doing this because gpl'd developments usually involves people all
around the world.. and being aware that a lot of gpl'd / GNU resources are
used by fascist, terrorist and that kind of "people" everyday.. well maybe
is a begginig.

Be aware that any code including any manifesto of this type is not Free
Software.  It dosn't meet the Open Source Definition guidelines and
would classified as non-free by the Debian project.

It would also be incompatible with the GPL.

Also as it is supposed to be a license, it is sufficiently vague legally
to cause signifigant legal risks to anyone using the software,
regardless of any beliefs.  Probably to the point of being void and
therefore rendering any product licensed under it unlicensed and
therefore illegal to use by anyone who didn't author 100% of the code.

Please try to stick to licenses that have been vetted by at least one
lawyer, preferably GPL, LGPL, MIT(BSD - ads), or Artistic to avoid
contributing to the plague of new licenses around today.

Andrae Muys