[Glade-users] Software Mestizo Manifesto

I agree with Andrae on this.  Adding such a condition to a software
license makes that software restricted.  You can add all you like in the
way of documenting your beliefs, so long as it does not form part of the
license for the software.

In effect, you add something that has no value to you or anybody else.
What is worse is that you may be asked if a certain use meets with your
approval.

Living in the Australian outback, my friends realise that some of the
wheat they grow is sold to governments that violate human rights.
They'd rather not know.  In the same way, my code released under the GNU
Public License has no such restriction.  I'd rather not find out that my
code was being used for evil.

--
James Cameron                                      (cameron stl dec com)

http://www.linux.org/ http://www.linux.org.au/ http://www.freshmeat.net/