[Glade-users] Problems with signalhandler data.

James Cameron wrote:

Roberto Diaz wrote:
I re-send my message since I dont know if it successfully reached the
list.

It did.  Twice.

I have a menu item called "about1" in its signals I have the
following: Signal: activate, Handler: about1_activate, Data: dialog1
dialog1 is a dialog window I have created too..

Is dialog1 created before or after about1?  If it is created after it,
then this is the cause of your problem.  You need to use the
lookup_widget() function in support.c as described in the FAQ.

What data can I put in the Data field? can not it be other widgets?

It's been a while since I looked at that part of the code, but AFAIK
using the Data field only works if the widget you are referencing shares
the same toplevel window as the signalling widget.  You would be right
in suggesting that this isn't an ideal situation.  Fixing this is now
item 4 on my TODO list, but feel free to beat me to the punch :).

Andrae Muys

P.S.  I am very interested in learning:
1/ What percentage of Glade users use libglade, and how many use the
code-generation.
2/ What caused you to choose that approach?

Please answer personally to me, I will summarise to the list if I get
enough replies to make one meaningful.