Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 15:08:22 +0100 (MET)
From: Roberto Diaz <rdiazmartin vivaldi ddts net>
To: glade-users helixcode com
Subject: [Glade-users] Problems with signalhandler data.

Hi.

I am trying to build a project with glade... But I am having troubles..

I have a menu item called "about1" in its signals I have the following:

Signal: activate
Handler: about1_activate
Data: dialog1

dialog1 is a dialog window I have created too..

in the signal handler at handlers.c I have:

void
on_about1_activate                     (GtkMenuItem     *menuitem,
                                        gpointer         user_data)
{
  gtk_widget_show (GTK_WIDGET(user_data));
}

I understand the Data field is what is recieved as a gpointer but if I
compile I get the following:

bash-2.03$ src/gframes

Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to `GtkWidget'

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwidget.c: line 1424 (gtk_widget_show): assertion
`widget != NULL' failed.

What am I doing wrong? why the data has not be appened in the signal
handlers registration proccess at interface.c (you say I must not to
edit this file):?

What data can I put in the Data field? can not it be other widgets?

Thank you?

Regards

Roberto

Roberto Diaz <rdiazmartin vivaldi dtts net>
http://vivaldi.dtts.net