[Glade-users] Problems with signalhandler data. (fwd)

Roberto Diaz wrote:
I re-send my message since I dont know if it successfully reached the
list.

It did.  Twice.

I have a menu item called "about1" in its signals I have the
following: Signal: activate, Handler: about1_activate, Data: dialog1
dialog1 is a dialog window I have created too..

Is dialog1 created before or after about1?  If it is created after it,
then this is the cause of your problem.  You need to use the
lookup_widget() function in support.c as described in the FAQ.

What data can I put in the Data field? can not it be other widgets?

I'd never do this.  I could not be sure that the interface.c file will
define the widgets in the order that I expect.

--
James Cameron                                      (cameron stl dec com)

http://www.opensource.org/ http://vanilla.us.netrek.org/ http://lwn.net/