[Fwd: [Glade-users] Include others libraries in a Glade project]

--------------4870AE0EAA18D458C30B3255

Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 10:46:39 +0200
From: Marc Billaud <marcbill wanadoo fr>
To: Damon Chaplin <damon helixcode com>
Subject: Re: [Glade-users] Include others libraries in a Glade project

Hello Damon & everybody

Thanks for your help. I did the modification you told me inside the
"configure.in" file. Then I have launched the command autogen.sh at the
root of my project just after I did a "make clean command". During the
script worked I have noticed two problems that I have recorded with
command line:

cyrix150:~/granup/project2 # autogen.sh  2>&1 |tee def1

first one

13 Making ./aclocal.m4 writable ...
14 Running aclocal  -I macros ...
15 Running autoheader...
16 Running automake --gnu  ...
17 src/Makefile.am:23: variable `LIBS' not defined

and after

96 creating Makefile
97 creating macros/Makefile
98 creating src/Makefile
99 creating intl/Makefile
100 creating po/Makefile.in
101 creating config.h
102 config.h is unchanged
103 checking for xml-config... /usr/local/bin/xml-config
104 ./configure: s%@xml_config@%/usr/local/bin/xml-config%g: No such
file or directory

The variable "LIBS" doesn't exist yet inside "/src/Makefile.am" when the
script occurs. Since this pb I have created a "LIBS" variable that I
have initialised to "" in /src/Makefile.am. But I do not know if it is
the right solution becauseI get error "no rules for "LIBS" at
compilation with make". Here the last version of "/src/makefile.am" I ve
got:

##$(CPPFLAGS) \

LIBS =""

INCLUDES = \
        $(CPPFLAGS) \            ## added
        -I$(top_srcdir)/intl \
        $(GNOME_INCLUDEDIR)

bin_PROGRAMS = project2

project2_SOURCES = \
        main.c \
        support.c support.h \
        interface.c interface.h \
        callbacks.c callbacks.h

                ##added
project2_LDADD = $(LIBS) $(GNOME_LIBDIR) $(GNOMEUI_LIBS) $(INTLLIBS)
##End /src/Makefile.am

The second pb that is the Detection of the xml-config seems to work
correctly, but the substitution fails. I ve tried to do several
modifications on the solution you have given to me but each time I get
the same error message

104 ./configure: s%@xml_config@%/usr/local/bin/xml-config%g: No such
file or directory

Here is the part of the last version of the configure.in, I ve tried but
it doesn't work neither .I ve tried to "strap" the rule of the
AC_PATH_PROG but always the same pb.

##configure.in

dnl Set PACKAGE_LOCALE_DIR in config.h.
if test "x${prefix}" = "xNONE"; then
  AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(PACKAGE_LOCALE_DIR,
"${ac_default_prefix}/${DATADIRNAME}/locale")
else
  AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(PACKAGE_LOCALE_DIR,
"${prefix}/${DATADIRNAME}/locale")
fi

dnl Subst PACKAGE_PIXMAPS_DIR.
PACKAGE_PIXMAPS_DIR="`gnome-config --datadir`/pixmaps/${PACKAGE}"
AC_SUBST(PACKAGE_PIXMAPS_DIR)

AC_OUTPUT([
Makefile
macros/Makefile
src/Makefile
intl/Makefile
po/Makefile.in
])

dnl Get libxml flags & libs
XML_CFLAGS="`xml-config --cflags` 2>/dev/null"
XML_LIBS="`xml-config --libs` 2>/dev/null"
CPPFLAGS="$XML_CFLAGS $CPPFLAGS"
LIBS="$XML_LIBS $LIBS"
##End configure.in

Sorry for this long message. I hope it could give you enough info.
Thanks for help.
Bye

Marc

--------------4870AE0EAA18D458C30B3255--