[Glade-devel] Toplevel embeding fix patch

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 7:03 PM, Tristan Van Berkom
<tristan.van.berkom at gmail.com> wrote:
2010/4/25 Juan Pablo Ugarte <juanpablougarte at gmail.com>:
Ohh yeah, I forgot to deal with all the others GtkWindow descendants .

I guess it will make sense to add a new api to check the real type
instead of relying on the runtime object.

Errr Juan you dont need a new api.

at least something like adaptor->runtime_type to use in adaptor to
create the runtime objects

Just GladeWidget->adaptor->type should be enough, if it creates a separate type
for the runtime, it should be the GtkWindow adaptor that creates the instance.

Well, right now adaptor->type is actually GladeFakeGtkWindow which is
something I really do not like since adaptor->name still refers to
GtkWindow

The dialogs and all should just inherit that functionality (and all
the introspection
stuff just still gets done from adaptor->type, which is not always the same type
as the type in the workspace... right ?)

In any case, the GtkDialog adaptor will try to use the GtkDialog type
to create the runtime object which of course is derived from GtkWindow
and not from the type we set on the catalog.

So i will have to set the parent tag in every toplevel or add some
extra logic in GWA to make sure all derived types from a class with a
different runtime type use that one too as their runtime.

In any case I will have to replace all the GTK_IS_DIALOG and such. :)

so i will get back to you once i have that worked out

saludos

Juan Pablo