[Glade-devel] Glade-3 in Mac Tiger

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 2:02 AM, Donny Viszneki<donny.viszneki at gmail.com> wrote:
glade files are not python source code files. open up agenda.glade in
your text editor and you will see that it is in fact an XML document.

if you have the proper libraries installed (perhaps someone who is
more experienced with gtk on mac can help you with getting the
libraries if you don't have them)

This is the new home of GTK+ on OSX development fyi:
   http://gtk-osx.sourceforge.net/

You can find there the jhbuild instructions that should take
a long time to complete but should do so with little or no interaction,
after that just 'jhbuild build pygtk', and you will be able to run python
scripts within your sandbox by executing 'jhbuild shell'.

May I ask: are you using X11.app? I am not up to date on GTK on Mac
platform news, but the last time I checked, GTK on Mac could only be
accomplished via an X server running under Mac OS X.

The quartz GTK+ backend works quite well overall, lacks native file chooser
and I guess maybe a few bugs that might bite you depending on what you
want to do... but I get gstreamer in GTK+ on OSX without X11 no problem ;-)