[Glade-devel] Glade-3 in Mac Tiger

glade files are not python source code files. open up agenda.glade in
your text editor and you will see that it is in fact an XML document.

if you have the proper libraries installed (perhaps someone who is
more experienced with gtk on mac can help you with getting the
libraries if you don't have them) then you can easily load a glade XML
GUI with the following python code:

import gtk, gtk.glade
mygui = gtk.glade.XML('agenda.glade')
gtk.main()

No event handlers will have been registered for your GUI, so when you
are ready, you can exit the program by pressing Control+C from your
terminal.

May I ask: are you using X11.app? I am not up to date on GTK on Mac
platform news, but the last time I checked, GTK on Mac could only be
accomplished via an X server running under Mac OS X.