[Glade-devel] Where is the glade repository to be found ?

Philippe Bertin wrote:
Hello all,

I posted this message below, yesterday (on other gtk related group), and
was hinted into the direction of this newsgroup. My problem was to find
glade-catalog.dtd as refered to by
http://glade.gnome.org/docs/catalogintro.html.

Tristan indicated to try my luck here, and pointed me into the direction
of the glade 'repository'. My follow-on question is : where can I find
the glade3 CVS repository (I think that Tristan meant the *CVS*
repository) ? I do not find a link on the homepage, apart from tarballs.
But the file is not in there ! Google doesn't help me much neither...

Hi Philippe,
    sorry I wasnt more clear about the glade3 repository, and
sorry I havent taken the time to update glade.gnome.org to
reflect the current cvs root and branch state.

Glade is in the GNOME cvs repository as the 'glade3' module,
instructions and information about the GNOME repository can
be found here: http://developer.gnome.org/tools/cvs.html

Currently stable development of glade has been branched
into the 'glade3-3-0-branch'

so you'll want to "cvs co -r glade3-3-0-branch glade3" with
the correct $CVSROOT set.

Another question related to it is that I don't have any online help in
my glade installation itself (rpm packaged by SuSE). So I consider
installing a more recent version. But if I do, how can I be sure that my
existing plugin (Ada code generation plugin, which I would hate to lose)
won't disappear ? Of if it does, how can I find it back and install/copy
it to it's new place ? As far as I understand from the glade
documentation on the glade site, the plugin is 'only' a catalog file and
a plugin library. But where are they so that I can eventually reinstall
them in the correct location (or: how can I find out where they are
located now) ?

Glade 3 has no code generation, and no ada plugin - the package you are
working with on SuSE is Glade 2 - the plugin that is spoken of in the
documentation refers to a plugin that provides a widget kit
(the gtk+ and gnome catalogs are implemented as plugins for instance).

Installing the Glade 3 tarball will also install the gtk+ and gnome
plugins (i.e. you will have widgets in the palette).