From: glade-devel-bounces at lists.ximian.com
[mailto:glade-devel-bounces at lists.ximian.com] On Behalf Of Tristan Van
Berkom
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 4:47 PM
To: Philippe Bertin
Cc: glade-users at lists.ximian.com; glade-devel at lists.ximian.com
Subject: Re: [Glade-devel] Writing a glade plugin, and documenting how
to do it; can any experienced glade developer/user help me in this ?

Philippe Bertin wrote:

Hello, all,

I am documenting how to write a glade plugin, all while learning how to

do so. This will result in a document hopefully helpful for other
people wishing to do a similar thing later (documentation is scarce
these days, at least for glade-3 plugins !).

Sounds great :)

[...]

I have also already adapted the xml file in the catalogs directory, as
follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<glade-catalog name="tictactoe" library="gladetictactoe"
domain="glade-3" book="tictactoe">

 <glade-widget-classes>
   <glade-widget-class name="Tictactoe" title="Widget">
</glade-widget-classes>

 <glade-widget-group name="Custom" title="Custom">
   <glade-widget-class-ref name="Tictactoe"/>  </glade-widget-group>

</glade-catalog>
My question is : what next ?

Well I wonder first did you stumble on the existing documentation at
http://glade.gnome.org/docs/index.html ?

The "adding your own widgets" section should be helpfull, along with
looking at the existing gtk+ & gnome catalogs for some reference (but I
think we need a simplified example for reference).

To answer that question above at a glance, assuming you have a
tictactoe_get_type()
function (and a Tictactoe object ofcourse) in libgladetictactoe (or the
library that libgladetictactoe links against) then glade will recognize
it and load all its properties automatically, if you need to change
anything, than you start playing with the <properties> tag etc.

You should note too that *ahem* this api is going to change alot in the
near future and has already in cvs HEAD (currently unstable), but I'd
love to help you anyway I can to document it !

We hang out quite alot at irc.gnome.org in #glade3, you're more than
welcome to swing by and ask us whatever :)

Glade-devel maillist  -  Glade-devel at lists.ximian.com