[Glade-devel] Glade 3 targeting gtk 2.4 or gtk 2.6?

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:33:13 +0800, Ivan Wong <email ivanwong info> wrote:
David Hoover wrote:

How are other people doing this sort of thing these days? (I think a lot
of apps are just keeping around gconf keys; is that feasible on win32,
or doesn't gconf work there at the moment?)

Hmmm,
    IMO glade-3 will not have a stable release worthy of distribution
untill at least
a few months from now (providing that things go well). gtk+-2.6 is "supposed"
to hit the field this december.

In that light, I think it would be reasonable to require gtk+-2.6 as it will be
the standard release in our timeframe.

    One thing this brings to mind (and this one might be tricky),
glade-3 will survive
alot  longer if we design it to be able to generate glade files for
more than one
version of gtk+, idealy without recompilation.