[Glade-devel] [glade-3] minor GUI issues

On Sat, 2004-05-08 at 13:41 +0100, David A Knight wrote:
On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 19:51 +0200, Paolo Borelli wrote:

IMHO the positions should not be hardcoded and if they do not appear in
useful positions I'd consider that a bug in the WM... in practice
however it may make sense.
To save the window positions all the other apps I know of use gconf, but
we currently do not depend on it.

glade should not depend on gconf.  Havoc explicitly states that gconf
should not be used for state information like window positioning.  In a
lock down environment the keys may not even be writable.  State
information should be kept in a file, which is what epiphany does, and
what screem does.

Storing this stuff in ~/.glade is ok with me... I guess that then gedit,
totem and devhelp (the apps I was thinking of) are broken in this regard
[1].

Ali also suggested that session management is planned for gtk-2.6...
OTOH that look quite distant in the future and may always switch to it
later.

ciao
        paolo

[1]: actually they store the window dimension not the position, but the
same reasoning applies