[Glade-devel] GIMP Docking Code in glade

Mark wrote:

Each time this subject show its head (on gnomedesktop, for
instance) I
see people divided on two fields, those that like the
current status
quo, and those that would like to have less windows.
The great thing about the way the gimp does it is that the
default could look exactly the same as it is now if that's
what people want, but it would allow people to customise
glade to their liking.

Personally I think that glade is a refugee from gnome1 and is
the only part of my desktop that has not had a UI cleanup as
part of the change to gnome2. Glade3 is looking really nice,
the mdi is great, hope to see support for "recently opened
projects", but the basic UI is still the same :/

Just for the record, I fully agree with the need to change the GUI to
"modern times".
If something has prevented until now this change is that glade-3 was
simply not working, and fixing segfaults and adding basic functionality
has higher priority than fixing the GUI.

Hopefully we will be able to fix the GUI asap.