Re: [Gimp-web] Hello everyone!

On Sun, Jun 03, 2018 at 03:38:38PM -0500, Pat David wrote:
The problem I think is that most of the posts are blogs or articles - these
seem to be an awkward solution for something like .po translation files, no?

I see your point, yes partially it is so.
But...

Rather, a blog/news post is usually translated via .po files?  Or is this
something that is translated in the context of an entire article?  (Sorry
for the questions, I am woefully ignorant of how you awesome translators do
your work).

See the GIMP manual for an example. The paragraphs are converted in .po
files. All works wonderfully, especially the update. There is not
"context" problem at all, but the translations are trivially manageable.
Thanks to the wonderful automake (Ulf?) people that made that possible.

Why not use the same method for the site? The only thing that nowadays I
would make different is that I would use Asciidoc instead of docbook-xml
... way easier to write for authors and complete as docbook.

Best,

--

Marco Ciampa

 GNU/Linux User #78271