[Gimp-web] Thumbnail/folder views

I am so new I don't even know where to go to ask for help.  My initial question is, I hope, a simple one.

Many editors can be configured to show a thumbnail list of selected files and/or folder content across the
bottom of the display, with the choice of image to be edited made by clicking one or more thumbnails.  I have
no idea how to configure GIMP in that manner and searches in help for "thumbnails" yield no results.

I would very much appreciate some help setting up this basic configuration so I can begin to work my way
around the other features.  Thank you for your help!

WHC