Re: [Gimp-web] Check static.gimp.org
- From: Pat David <patdavid gmail com>
- Cc: gimp-web-list <gimp-web-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [Gimp-web] Check static.gimp.org
- Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 15:18:40 +0000
On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 7:19 AM John Roper <johnroper100 gmail com> wrote:
I just finished building a site that had many of the same features.
Http://blenderstorm.tuxfamily.org check it out and tell me what you
think. It was supposed to be a site for feature requests for Blender. It
does have a forum though.
Nice! Look great.
I was mostly considering the prior use cases for the registry that made it
helpful/handy. I came up with these broad thoughts:
1. Allow registered users to post content:
a. Post new scripts/plugins with attachments and versioning if possible
b. Post comments on other items
2. Allow embeds, attachments, versioning history, and possibly wiki-like
editing on the pages based on user permissions.
3. Allow easy moderation/administration of topics/comments/users (important
as there are limited people available to police things).
Honestly, the more I think about it, the more it seems like it might be
better served by something like discourse (you can see the instance I'm
running over at discuss.pixls.us to see what I mean).
Does anyone else have any thoughts on this overall?
] [Thread Prev