Re: [Gimp-user] Debian 11, updated, Gimp 2.10.22 - bad clone tool

Em 18/10/2021 19:13, Ken Moffat via gimp-user-list escreveu:
On Sat, Oct 16, 2021 at 11:43:09PM -0300, Dedeco Balaco via gimp-user-list wrote:
I tried to compile 4 Gimp versions, and i tried to downgrade gimp
package too, downloading it from Debian repository. Nothing worked:

gimp-2.10.0.tar.bz2
gimp-2.6.12.tar.bz2
gimp-2.8.22.tar.bz2
gimp-2.10.24.tar.bz2
gimp_2.8.18-1+deb9u1_amd64.deb

Hopefully, Liam has answered your questions re compiling the current
2.10 release and whatever has been changed in 2.10-git but not yet
released.

I gave up compiling Gimp. It is too complex to compile. It demands
libraries of specific versions, and not only this. They also have to be
in specific intervals. Open source? Yes. But to compile it is a hard
work. So... not for normal people who just want to solve simple
problems, or change simple details which cannot be changed in settings.

So I will merely add that trying to compile non-recent versions with
recent versions of gcc, binutils, gtk2, and other dependencies is
likely to fail - too much has changed.

Yes, it failed.

I also don't see any point in trying to compile 2.10.0, nor any 2.8
or 2.6 on a current system.  Leave that to people using old systems
which do not have a recent gimp-2.10.

The point is simple: version 2.8 worked for me! And that is all i cared
about.

The sources complain about uninstalled packages, but i do not finding
which packages i should install. The name is not the one in the errors
given to me.

For the package, *dpkg* complained a library i have is too new.

Can you help me?