Re: [Gimp-user] Update blocked by trend micro

On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 11:37:09PM +0100, Michael Schumacher via gimp-user-list wrote:
On 15.11.21 22:55, Ruben Safir wrote:

On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 09:31:20PM +0100, Jernej Simončič wrote:
On Monday, November 15, 2021, 13:31:01, Ruben Safir wrote:

In the last 40 years in the GNU field I have heard a lot of bad advise
but rarely as bad as this.  Ignore this advise by Rick Strong and
ditch tend micro - ASAP.

I kind of doubt that TrendMicro is the problem,

Set aside with the doubts because they ARE the problem

Ruben, I am pretty sure that the core issue in this thread is experience.

No - but I have the experience and you do not.

The core issue is that trendmicro is not a reliable source of
security and is a bad actor.

Nothing fixes that.