Re: [Gimp-user] Update blocked by trend micro

For what it’s worth, I also use Trend Micro and have been very happy with it over the years.

As was stated previously, Trend Micro, like every other internet security software, can report some false
positives from time to time and that may be what’s happening here. I saw mention here that this was a company
machine though I can’t seem to find it now. If that is in fact the case, it may be that the security config
is set a bit tighter than it otherwise would be.

I would recommend a few things:

1. If this is a corporate machine, I recommend speaking with your Sys Admin team to see if it is okay to
install the software first. Following that, ask them to review the file for any security vulnerabilities.

2. Trend Micro flagged the .part file which means that it was flagged before the file was fully downloaded
and that might be causing some issues. As Liam suggested, re-downloading the file might solve this.

3. If Trend Micro flags it again, it seems that it quarantined the file which should mean that you can get
the file back and run a security scan on it after it’s completely downloaded. If Trend Micro reports it as
safe, you should be good to go.

P.S: I did also just download the exe myself and ran a security scan on it. Trend Micro reported that it was
fine though this isn’t a conclusive test as I think the GIMP website shuffles the mirrors used. Could be
wrong on that

Thanks,
Kasim Ahmić