Re: [Gimp-user] Why is interface black and white

On Mon, Nov 8, 2021 at 12:36 PM Neil Asher via gimp-user-list wrote:

Hi,
There are 2 things i would like to bring to your attention:-

Firstly, did you know some people are selling this freeware software on ebay.
They say they have full authority to sell this product but I’m not certain they do.

Hi Neil,

Everybody has the right to sell GIMP. But if they rebrand or otherwise
change the source code, they have to publish changes.

Can you tell me how to get a nice coloured interface to work with please.

1. Edit > Preferences > Interface > Theme > Choose 'System'
2. Edit > Preferences > Interface > Icon Theme > Choose 'Color'
(better for HiDPI) or 'Legacy' (same ol', same ol').

Alex