Re: [Gimp-user] Violation of GNOME Code of Conduct - ablelist language and discrimination

What does Michael Richards do?

On Fri, 28 May 2021, 08:21 Gene Heskett, <gheskett shentel net> wrote:

On Friday 28 May 2021 00:35:20 Bob Long wrote:

Michael Richards via gimp-user-list wrote on 28/5/21 9:24 am:
Thank you Frederico,

I appreciate this. I have removed myself from the GIMP-user-list for
now but am open to speaking with the maintainers of Gnu Image
Manipulation Program, the CoC, and/or the board of directors if any
or all of those groups wish.

My intention is not to cause trouble for anyone but to help make
open source software more welcoming to, and safe for, everyone.

My thanks to you, the other members of the CoC, and the Gnome
Foundation board of Directors addressing this request.

Sincerely,

Mike

Michael Richards, BSc (he/his)
Victoria BC, Canada

Given that Michael says he has removed himself from the list he may
not see this. But I do not support a name change.

Neither do I. Graphics Image Modification Program, aka gimp, is just
fine. At 86, theres a bit of a hitch in my gitalong too, in fact I'm up
in the middle of the night working some Theraworx into a leg cramp.  I'm
also a 30 year DM-II, so I'm obviously thin skinned and covered in
bruises because I am still active, but not thin enough the name bothers
me. To anyone who is bothered, grow some skin.

And may I point out that Michael's signature line, "Michael Richards,
BSc (he/his)" may offend some people (but not me)?

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis