Re: [Gimp-user] Violation of GNOME Code of Conduct - ablelist language and discrimination

Michael Richards via gimp-user-list wrote on 28/5/21 9:24 am:
Thank you Frederico,

I appreciate this. I have removed myself from the GIMP-user-list for now but am open to speaking with the
maintainers of Gnu Image Manipulation Program, the CoC, and/or the board of directors if any or all of
those groups wish.

My intention is not to cause trouble for anyone but to help make open source software more welcoming to,
and safe for, everyone.

My thanks to you, the other members of the CoC, and the Gnome Foundation board of Directors addressing this
request.

Sincerely,

Mike

Michael Richards, BSc (he/his)
Victoria BC, Canada

Given that Michael says he has removed himself from the list he may not
see this. But I do not support a name change.

And may I point out that Michael's signature line, "Michael Richards,
BSc (he/his)" may offend some people (but not me)?

--

Bob Long