Re: [Gimp-user] Recurring mouse problem in GIMP 2.8.22

On 2021-07-15 22:44, Cliff Pratt via gimp-user-list wrote:
Although you say this only happens in GIMP, I would expect to have seen
many more complaints in the community if it was a GIMP (only) problem. I
would not give up on looking outside GIMP for the issue. It may be a
conflict between GIMP and some other software, running at the same time as
GIMP. eg Assistive technology software. Can you try with everything else
stopped?

Thanks for that suggestion. I did that, and with nothing else loaded GIMP worked okay with the mouse, which it has done before. So I began loading up applications one at a time. It worked okay with one application after another loaded, and then I loaded up WordPerfect X5, which I have to use constantly. Bang! the mouse problem manifested itself.

To some slight degree I can probably leave WordPerfect X5 off for a while as I work in GIMP, but I need to work with both at once a lot of the time.

Now I'll note that GIMP 2.8 and WordPerfect X5 had been working together just fine for years. I have been suspecting all along that some Windows 10 "update" had caused the problem. I think that I might have put WordPerfect X5 into some compatibility mode at some point after I'd had some crashes of that software, again after years of no problems. I am wondering it I should risk crashes by undoing compatibility mode for WordPerfect X5, if that's even possible, or if I should try some sort of compatibility fix for GIMP.

Again, thanks.