Re: [Gimp-user] Recurring mouse problem in GIMP 2.8.22

On 2021-06-05 12:47, Marco Ciampa via gimp-user-list wrote:
On Sat, Jun 05, 2021 at 11:45:53AM -0400, Rick Strong wrote:
It sounds like a mouse problem, not a GIMP problem.

-Make sure the mouse switch is on, -try changing your batteries, -clean the
"eye" underneath if it is an optical mouse, -check your connection if it is
not wireless, -check your dongle if it is wireless, -try a new mouse pad or
another surface.

Clearly it's not a mouse problem if it affects only GIMP and not the
entire system. In that case I suggest you to reset (=delete) the user
config data of GIMP here: https://www.gimp.org/tutorials/GIMPProfile/

Okay, I've gone there, and I saw a lot of sub-directories, almost all of them are empty. Some do have something in them: the patterns I've added, the plug-in I've added and the tool-options.

I've followed the directions given at the above link, restarted GIMP and the mouse problem, which only happens with GIMP, is still there. It's making use of the software very difficult. In most instances when I use the mouse I end up highlighting the thing I want to do with the mouse and then I hit the ENTER key and it happens. Unfortunately, some operations just need the mouse to choose what you want to do.

Any suggestions?