[Gimp-user] "Edit with GIMP" gone from the context window in Windows 10?

I always found the "Edit with GIMP" option in the context window very helpful,
and one day it disappeared. I finally got around to try adding it back through a
tutorial I found online, but afterwards, I got an error message saying,

"This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action"

Any reason the option was removed from the context window in the first place?

The tutorial:
https://brianreiter.org/2010/07/21/fix-edit-with-gimp-context-menu-in-windows-7-x64/

--
Maxomega (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)