Re: [Gimp-user] Asking for comparison to Photoshop, pretty please!

Δημήτρης Γιάννος via gimp-user-list wrote:
   Oh, I also forgot the part about Photoshop being available for Tablets
and phones. Could there be similar plans for GIMP?

There's an entry on the FAQ about the lack of Android/iOS support:
https://www.gimp.org/docs/userfaq.html#will-you-release-gimp-for-android-or-ios-devices

I can't really help with a comparison. I only use GIMP occasionally, mostly for fairly basic things, and have never used Photoshop.

I'd guess part of the problem with comparisons is that someone who uses Photoshop all the time (so already has a license for it) can just download GIMP for free, give it a go for a few hours and write a comparison. But they'd perceive GIMP as difficult to use because it's not the same as Photoshop and they haven't got used to the differences. On the other hand, someone who happily uses GIMP all the time, and is really familiar with all its features, isn't so likely to pay for Photoshop just to compare it to GIMP. But if they did, they'd probably encounter similar difficulties with Photoshop. There may well be some reviews out there written by people who do use both regularly and can make a fair comparison, but the difficulty would be finding them (and knowing that you've found them!)

--
Mark.