Re: [Gimp-user] Opening uncompressed NASA image files in GIMP

Yes, it appears that I own the folder:

ls -l
results in
drwsrwxrwx@ 27 rickkline  staff         864 Dec  4 23:30 pds-2.4.116

pds-2.4.116 is the directory

I wonder if it might have to do with the CC compiler. configure calls for gcc, but Mac OS now uses clang. gcc
points to clang as a convenience, at least for now, but just in case, I tried

CC=clang ./configure

Results of which, in

Ricks-iMac:pds-2.4.116 rickkline$ CC=clang ./configure
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... ./install-sh -c -d
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... no
checking for awk... awk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... no
checking for style of include used by make... none
checking for gcc... clang
checking whether the C compiler works... no
configure: error: in `/Users/rickkline/Downloads/pds-2.4.116':
See `config.log' for more details

The bold line "checking whether the C compiler works… no” concerns me.

Thanks.
Rick

It’s better to wave at a stranger than to ignore a friend