 * * ** *** ***** ******** ************* *********************
It’s better to wave at a stranger than to ignore a friend
 * * ** *** ***** ******** ************* *********************

On Dec 3, 2020, at 12:43 PM, Kevin Cozens <kevin ve3syb ca> wrote:

On 2020-12-03 12:24 a.m., Rick Kline wrote:
Like magic: changed file type to .data
GIMP opens with width, height, offset (which I ignore, because I can’t find a proper header descriptor)
and image type.
Set height and width to 1024 and 1024, file type to Gray unsigned 16-bit Little Endian, and it opens as
desired.

I downloaded the source for the 2.4.116 version of the PDS plug-in for GIMP. To build it for Linux (I don't
have access to a Mac) I needed to comment out the include of the gimpcompat.h in the pds.c file.

I told gimp 2.10 to load the 1p157746813eff40b8p2363l3m1.img that you mentioned as a sample. It loaded the
image up right away without asking me for any information. I did not have to change the file selection or
tell GIMP what type of file I'm loading.

I have no idea what I'm looking at in the sample image but the plug-in works. What I have found is that
GIMP 2.10 hangs when trying to view the image properties.

FYI, in the pds.c file that is in version 2.4.116 of the plug-in it says it "Loads files of the NASA PDS
image format" with supported file extensions: img, imq, pds, edr, bb1, bb2, bb3, bb4, ir1, ir2, ir3, n07,
n15, sur, sun, red, grn, blu, sgr, vio, qub, or lbl.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/               | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                   | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>     |             --Chris Hardwick