Re: [Gimp-user] Text with accents

On Thu, 2020-08-27 at 23:10 +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 12:11:13PM -0400, Liam R E Quin wrote:

please see my earlier reply to Patrick - the accented letters that
did not work are definitely in FreeSans, I think the difference is
that I access them via keys mapped as some-dead-accent + letter.

OK. So if you paste them into GIMP they work? Or if you click on "use
text editor" in the tool options dialogue when text is active, do they
work in the tool editor?

Unfortunately I keep losing the ability to paint with any brush.

When you click on the image with a brush, what happens exactly?

When you drag, what happens?

In tool options for the paintbrush, is the Mode (at the top) set to
Normal?

Just below the Mode, is Opacity set to 100% ? Are Brush Dynamics set to
Off?

Make sure also that Anti erase, near the bottom of tool options, is not
selected. Pressing the Alt key will also choose anti-erase. This
"paints" by removing transparency from the current layer.

Are you using a graphics tablet and stylus?

Modifier keys like caps lock can sometimes make a difference too.

slave liam

"Slave" in full-time voluntary servitude.