Re: [Gimp-user] File Saving in Windows

Linux can read NTFS.

Perhaps you should clean your registry and eliminate any reference to
the drive that crashed.

On 9/8/2019 6:59 AM, tastethewine wrote:
вс, 8 сент. 2019 г., 12:16 tastethewine <forums gimpusers com>:
Because it's a known issue with a 3rd party library that GIMP uses
(and
most other programs don't).

Alex
I see.  Thank you for the response.  So it appears that I must develop an
infrastructure for exploiting the Rewrite feature and be thankful for it!  That
seems the most palatable among my unpalatable options:
Switch to Linux? I have terabytes of files in NTFS
Purchase PS?  Expensive and I would have to Rube Goldberg a workflow to recreate
what I can do in GIMP so easily anyway.

Okay I will get to work on it.  Just frustrating that fetching the directory was
not a problem for at least ten years that I have used the program, and now it
is.

/tastethewine