[Gimp-user] File Saving in Windows

Hello,

I have been experiencing a delay of 4-6 minutes every time Gimp needs to make a
call to Windows file directory, Save As, Export As, for images, svg files,
anything.  It takes at least 4 mins for the file name selection/entry box to
appear.
So for instance I copy and rename template files in File Manager, Open them in
Gimp then choose Rewrite To... in order to avoid the problem.  But there are
situations where that can become burdensome.

This is so egregious that I am sure it is something fairly unique to me.  If
everyone was experiencing this you forum boards would be going nuts.

Because of some of the amazing features of GIMP I cannot replace it with PS.
The almighty PS cannot do for me what this amazing program can.  But I cannot
live like this any longer.

Any ideas what could be causing this?  I happen suddenly, as if something was
changed on my system.  It has persisted through releases .10 and .12 where, if
anything, the wait seems worse.

/tastethewine

--
tastethewine (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)