Re: [Gimp-user] File Saving in Windows

* tastethewine <forums gimpusers com> [09-08-19 07:00]:
вс, 8 сент. 2019 г., 12:16 tastethewine <forums gimpusers com>:
Because it's a known issue with a 3rd party library that GIMP uses
(and
most other programs don't).

Alex

I see.  Thank you for the response.  So it appears that I must develop
an infrastructure for exploiting the Rewrite feature and be thankful for
it!  That seems the most palatable among my unpalatable options: Switch
to Linux?  I have terabytes of files in NTFS

that is not a problem, linux reads and saves to ntfs format fine.  I have
external usb drives formatted ntfs by the manufacturer that I use for
backup and/or transport frequently.

Purchase PS?  Expensive and I would have to Rube Goldberg a workflow to
recreate what I can do in GIMP so easily anyway.

Okay I will get to work on it.  Just frustrating that fetching the
directory was not a problem for at least ten years that I have used the
program, and now it is.

look for a remote drive that fails to load, maybe red X on the icon.

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo               paka @ IRCnet freenode