[Gimp-user] All my gimp patterns are carpet

Can anyone tell me how to fix my gimp patterns.. I have various patterns but
they all have a carpet texture when I try to use them (they look correct in the
little window but when I choose one to fill an area, they all have the same
texture, the only thing that changes are the colors).  I tried resetting
everything to default and still all the pattern looks like freaking carpet!
Thank you so much..

--
River (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)