[Gimp-user] All my gimp patterns are carpet

Can anyone tell me how to fix my gimp patterns.. I have various
patterns but
they all have a carpet texture when I try to use them (they look
correct in the
little window but when I choose one to fill an area, they all have the
same
texture, the only thing that changes are the colors).  I tried
resetting
everything to default and still all the pattern looks like freaking
carpet!
Thank you so much..

How are you filling? Using the bucket fill tool, the tool options should look
like screenshot 01:  Make sure Pattern Fill is selected.

There is another way to fill with a pattern. Click-n-Drag from the Patterns dock
into the canvas. screenshot 02. Not always the same as bucket fill (depending on
bucket fill tool options)

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1275/original/01-fill.jpg
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1276/original/02-fill.jpg