[Gimp-user] Heal selection refuses to work in 2.10

I'm running Gimp 2.10 on Debian Buster. I installed
gimp-plugin-registry and
gimp-python using synaptic.

Heal selection (Filters > enhance > heal selection) and Resynthesizer
(Filters >
Map > Resynthesize) both appear and show their dialog boxes.

However when I try to use Heal Selection it doesn't run and gives me
an error
about not finding "procedure plug-in-resynthesizer". (Something like
that. This
is from memory.)

I haven't tried running resynthesizer because it's the heal selection
I actually
need.

In the course of trying to get this to work, I have the resynthesizer
executable
and its related gui and python files in /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/ (owned by
root, all
executable), as well as in ~/.config/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/resynthesizer/
(owned by
me, ie user, all executable) and in /.gimp-2.8/plug-ins/ (also owned
by user and
executable) just in case that helped!

Why isn't at least one of these working??

tia

First a general query about your Gimp installation.

Is Gimp version 2.10.8 that comes with Debian 10 or is it maybe a flatpack /
appimage / something else.

Makes a big difference for installing plugins.

Now a short rant about the gimp-plugin-registry package. Pulls in a ridiculous
number of dependencies. see screenshot.

Then the package itself. 24 plug-ins, 158 scm scripts and strangely 6 python
plugins in the scripts section (presumably to get them out of the way since they
have not worked since Gimp 2.6)  Do you ever use any of those ancient FX-Foundry
scripts?  Rant over.

However, I can confirm that the resynthesizer / resynthesizer-gui /
plugin-heal-selection.py that install do work, so it is your installation
causing the problem.  Too many files in the wrong locations. I did write a reply
but really need to know that first bit of info (Gimp version)

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1235/original/package.jpg

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)