[Gimp-user] Heal selection refuses to work in 2.10

I'm running Gimp 2.10 on Debian Buster. I installed gimp-plugin-registry and
gimp-python using synaptic.

Heal selection (Filters > enhance > heal selection) and Resynthesizer (Filters >
Map > Resynthesize) both appear and show their dialog boxes.

However when I try to use Heal Selection it doesn't run and gives me an error
about not finding "procedure plug-in-resynthesizer". (Something like that. This
is from memory.)

I haven't tried running resynthesizer because it's the heal selection I actually
need.

In the course of trying to get this to work, I have the resynthesizer executable
and its related gui and python files in /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/ (owned by root, all
executable), as well as in ~/.config/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/resynthesizer/ (owned by
me, ie user, all executable) and in /.gimp-2.8/plug-ins/ (also owned by user and
executable) just in case that helped!

Why isn't at least one of these working??

tia

--
quixote (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)