Re: [Gimp-user] Heal selection refuses to work in 2.10

On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 9:25 AM quixote wrote:

I'm running Gimp 2.10 on Debian Buster. I installed gimp-plugin-registry and
gimp-python using synaptic.

Heal selection (Filters > enhance > heal selection) and Resynthesizer (Filters >
Map > Resynthesize) both appear and show their dialog boxes.

However when I try to use Heal Selection it doesn't run and gives me an error
about not finding "procedure plug-in-resynthesizer". (Something like that. This
is from memory.)

I haven't tried running resynthesizer because it's the heal selection I actually
need.

In the course of trying to get this to work, I have the resynthesizer executable
and its related gui and python files in /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/ (owned by root, all
executable), as well as in ~/.config/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/resynthesizer/ (owned by
me, ie user, all executable) and in /.gimp-2.8/plug-ins/ (also owned by user and
executable) just in case that helped!

Why isn't at least one of these working??

Any chance you could build it yourself rather than using the
gimp-plugin-registry? Works just fine on 2.10.x.

Alex