[Gimp-user] Heal selection refuses to work in 2.10

I could probably build it myself, but only with exact step by step instructions.
Without that, I invariably forget a step or put a comma somewhere or some damn
thing and it doesn't work.

The Gimp is just whatever comes with Debian 10. Not a flatpack or otherwise
manually installed. Interesting that the problem is probably that it's in
several locations. So which location should I keep? Which ones should be
deleted?

Maybe the smartest thing would be to delete them everywhere, uninstall the
packages I installed using synaptic, and then reinstall from synaptic?

Thanks for your help!

--
quixote (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)