Re: [Gimp-user] Debugging Perf on Linux

On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 21:16:51 -0700
Robert Bieber <gimp biebersprojects com> wrote:

Thanks for that Elle, I followed up personally about the profiles.
Going back to the list, one thing I should add is that currently for my
workflow on the same machine I'm using Gimp 2.8 with the same sized
images, same monitor profiles, and it works more or less okay.  I
wouldn't say it's _fast_, and it gets a little crashy sometimes, but I
think it's doing a pretty decent job for a single-threaded program
processing buffers this big. It's miles faster than the 2.9 RC, so I'm
guessing there's probably something other than that going on

does the problem also happen in a new user? (see
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=unix+user&ia=web .) That is a debugging trick I
learned about in Mandriva/Mageia.