Re: [Gimp-user] Debugging Perf on Linux

On 03/27/2018 09:35 PM, Robert Bieber wrote:

How would I tell?  I just generated my monitor profiles with Ubuntu's color management control panel section: I'm still not as much of a power-user in that area as I'd like to be

So is there any chance that your monitor profile at home is a LUT profile? What about the image's assigned profile - was it possibly a LUT profile? And/or was soft proofing somehow activated?

Hmm, well, probably the easiest way is to send me a private email with your monitor profile attached, and perhaps export a very small jpeg of the image you were working on, with the image profile embedded, and I'll look at them.

If you are interested in learning more about color management, perhaps starting with "how to tell what kind of profile it is, LUT or matrix", probably the best thing to do is start a thread on the pixls.us forum.

If you want, you can catch my attention on the pixls.us forum by mentioning @elle, but quite a few people there can help with figuring out what kind of profiles you are using, and maybe some of them even use Ubuntu's color management control panel (I don't).

I'm about to shut down the computer for the evening, so might not see your profiles (if you send them) until morning.

Best,
Elle

--
http://ninedegreesbelow.com
Color management and free/libre photography