[Gimp-user] Can't Save my Work

Well, looks like we're in the same boat then. What is the most recent version of
GIMP that works with your computer? I'm wondering if all else fails, I can try
to find a copy of that version, to see if it will work for me. Thanks!

For whatever it's worth, I am having the exact same problem with GIMP
2.10.2 (and before that, 2.10.0) in Windows 7-32 bit Professional, but
not in Windows 7-64 bit Home Premium. Like you, I tried uninstalling
and re-installing. I am very familiar with the various Export and Save
options (and think it idiocy that GIMP and other software separates
the two). I have tried saving (.xcf) and exporting as a .tif or
.jpg--same problem all around.

I have been using GIMP since at least 2.0 and probably 1.2.x, and have
never experienced anything like this before. My home computer (64-bit
OS) has been running versions of GIMP since I got it more than five
years ago, and my work computer (32-bit OS) has been running versions
of GIMP since I got it about three years ago. Neither has given my any
problems to speak of with GIMP (other than printing) before now.

--
LuxAmaranth (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)