[Gimp-user] Can't Save my Work

GIMP ... won't allow me to save. I click on the save button, and the button
goes dark but nothing happens. It will allow me to cancel out of the save menu
by clicking the "x" in the top right, but it won't save for me. Doesn't seem to
matter if I wait. This is the same situation for "save as" and "export" features
as well. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, and this did not
fix the problem.<

For whatever it's worth, I am having the exact same problem with GIMP 2.10.2
(and before that, 2.10.0) in Windows 7-32 bit Professional, but not in Windows
7-64 bit Home Premium. Like you, I tried uninstalling and re-installing. I am
very familiar with the various Export and Save options (and think it idiocy that
GIMP and other software separates the two). I have tried saving (.xcf) and
exporting as a .tif or .jpg--same problem all around.

I have been using GIMP since at least 2.0 and probably 1.2.x, and have never
experienced anything like this before. My home computer (64-bit OS) has been
running versions of GIMP since I got it more than five years ago, and my work
computer (32-bit OS) has been running versions of GIMP since I got it about
three years ago. Neither has given my any problems to speak of with GIMP (other
than printing) before now.

--
NAwlins_Contrarian (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)