From: gimp-user-list <gimp-user-list-bounces gnome org> on behalf of programmer_ceds <forums gimpusers com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2018 6:29:48 AM
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Cc: notifications gimpusers com
Subject: [Gimp-user] Gimp 2.10: bush default size

Sorry, misread your question as the brush size varying between tools.

I don't know whether this is a deliberate decision or an unwanted side-effect of
the changes to the brushes - either way I can see what a pain it would be to
those who use a number of brushes (it even resets the size when going back to a
brush for which you have set the size!)

You could try reporting it as a bug - then we would find out if it was a
deliberate change.

In the meantime I have a couple of suggestions.

Firstly the third post in the following thread describes how to set GIMP so that
you can adjust the brush size using the mouse wheel.

http://www.gimpusers.com/forums/gimp-user/17876-changing-the-brush-sizes

Secondly it should be a simple exercise to write a script that would take as a
parameter the brush size that you want to use. Running the script should set the
brush size (using (gimp-context-set-brush-size size)). When you change brushes
you would then simply have to re-run the script - use "Filters/Repeat Last"
short-cut Ctrl-F (or you could change this short-cut to a single key press if
you want). This would probably be the best approach short of getting the problem
fixed. If you have problems writing a script let me know and I will see what I
can do.

I tried that. It doesn't work. That setting is already checked but it
keeps reverting the brush size anyway.

--
programmer_ceds (via www.gimpusers.com/forums<http://www.gimpusers.com/forums>)