[Gimp-user] Compile from GIT

[ Cc:'ing as well as the list, because mail from gimp-users is
intermittent - subscribing to the list seems much more reliable ]
I've never tried building the gimp in /opt, but two suggestions:

1. Ensure /opt/gimp-master/lib is mentioned in /etc/ld.so.conf, and
then (even if it is already mentioned there) run ldconfig - some
libraries occasionally do not run ldconfig.

2. Ensure that PKG_CONFIG_PATH is correct:
export
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/gimp-master/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/gimp-master/share/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH

ĸen

Hi Ken,
thanks for the hint but it didn' work...
I investigated more and I found my libgegl points to /usr /lib64 instead
/opt/gimp-master/lib I think because is hardcoded rpath with /usr/lib64 whwre I
have glib 2.46 where there isn't  function g_object_new_with_properties
I ran configure with --disable-rpath but nothing is changed.
I ran configure with LDFLAGS="-L/opt/gimp-master/lib" but nothing is changed.

hints??

--
dafrasaga (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)