Re: [Gimp-user] Compile from GIT

On Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 05:54:28PM +0100, dafrasaga wrote:

[ Cc:'ing as well as the list, because mail from gimp-users is
intermittent - subscribing to the list seems much more reliable ]
Hi All,
I'm in compiling from GIT but after installed all
dependances,babl,gegl,mypaint.brushes in /opt/gimp-master I get this error when
make in Gimp:

Making all in .
make[4]: Entering directory '/root/git/gimp-master/gimp/app'
  CCLD     gimp-2.9
  CCLD     gimp-console-2.9
core/libappcore.a(gimpimage-undo.o): In function `gimp_image_undo_push':
/root/git/gimp-master/gimp/app/core/gimpimage-undo.c:402: undefined reference to
`g_object_new_with_properties'

I think to understand gimp needs g_object_new_with_properties function which I
have into
/opt/gimp-master/lib/libgobject-2.0.so.0.5501.0.
It seems it point to another libgobject I have in /usr/lib64 from my distro
(Slackware 14.2).
In Config.log all libs with -lgobject-2.0 have -L/opt/gimp-master/lib as path

I'm very noob about compiling.. could someone help me??

I've never tried building the gimp in /opt, but two suggestions:

1. Ensure /opt/gimp-master/lib is mentioned in /etc/ld.so.conf, and
then (even if it is already mentioned there) run ldconfig - some
libraries occasionally do not run ldconfig.

2. Ensure that PKG_CONFIG_PATH is correct:
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/gimp-master/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/gimp-master/share/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH

ĸen
--
Truth, in front of her huge walk-in wardrobe, selected black leather
boots with stiletto heels for such a barefaced truth.