[Gimp-user] I like it but I will have to go back

Are you short of disk space? That can make a big difference when
editing large images.
You can force the Gimp installer to use the 32 bit files it contains.
Use the /32 switch

For others, how to determine if your Windows is 32/64 bit.

64 bit has both "Program Files" **and** "Program Files (x86)" folders.
32bit only "Program Files".

Whatever you choose, I recommend un-installing Gimp first using the
Windows uninstall menu. Then check to see if anything remains in
C:\Program Files\GIMP 2 If not empty, delete it.

Which version to use? There are some Windows installations that have
issues with current 32 bit Gimp. I would try the previous versio.  n
2.10.6 - this might change for the better, in the future.

https://download.gimp.org/mirror/pub/gimp/v2.10/windows/gimp-2.10.6-setup-1.exe

Go to where you downloaded the file, open a terminal and run the
installer

gimp-2.10.6-setup-1.exe  /32

The same will apply if you want to install Gimp 2.8 that way - the
last version

https://download.gimp.org/mirror/pub/gimp/v2.8/windows/gimp-2.8.22-setup.exe

A screenshot attached with some hints.

Thank you for your quick response!  I have installed 2.10.6  with the /32
switch.  Hopefully, it will not lock up my computer.

Misslo777

--
Misslo777 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)